Q&A: How do you pay taxes on a foreign forex account?
Question by : How do you pay taxes on a foreign forex account?
I have a forex account but the brokerage is in another country. Do I pay taxes or what? And if I do how do I go about doing that?
Answer by the tax lady
US citizens and resident aliens pay tax on worldwide icnome, so of course you do.
Unless this is classified as a 1256 contract, you report it on line 21, other income. 1256 goes to form 6781.
And, if the account had more than $ 10,000 in it at *any* time during 2009, don’t forget to file form TDF 90-22.1
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- How to get a free trial of Megadroid Forex for my practise account on Forex Trader?
- Q&A: How can i open a bank account in another country for stock and forex trading? (non-resident)?
- Q&A: FX Trading Account that Allows you to Hedge your bet and start with a training account?
- Why do forex brokers give away money when opening an account?
- when funding a forex account, do you need to give the company a copy of your passport and utility bill?